Why Small Businesses Need a Managed Service Provider
Set your small business up for success—and protect your success as you grow
When you started your small business, chances are that you knew that technology would play a role. You likely put some money into hardware and software—but most small businesses don’t do too much beyond that.
After all, when you run a small business, you’re often being pulled in many different directions. There are ten possible uses for every dollar that you have in your budget. And all too often, investing in your IT infrastructure—or staff—gets bumped down the list in favor of more urgent needs.
As a managed service provider for small businesses, we’ve learned one thing over the years:
When it comes to IT, many business owners don’t know what they don’t know.
Because they have so many other things on their plate, they assume that as long as things are working today, they’ll keep working tomorrow.
Unfortunately, that’s not always the case.
That’s where we come in.
So what does a managed service provider do for small businesses?
At Network Computer Pros, we start with the basics for all of our clients, regardless of their industry:
- Secure, cloud-based backups: Your data is one of the pillars of your business. We ensure that it’s securely backed up off-site on a routine basis, so that even if your facility were to be damaged, you’ll still have access.
- Protection from malware, including viruses and ransomware: Malware creators are constantly innovating, and you need up-to-the-minute protection. We install cloud-based anti-malware and anti-virus software that updates continuously, so you never have to worry about someone forgetting to install a patch.
- Proactive monitoring and maintenance: No one should lose work time to preventable updates or computer slowness. We run routine updates outside of normal business hours, and we also monitor your systems 24/7, looking for signs of any issues and fixing them as soon as they arise.
Depending on your business’s needs, we will also recommend additional services, including:
- Disaster recovery and business continuity plans: The longer you take to recover from a disaster, the less likely it is that your business will rebound. The best way to ensure that your business will survive a crisis, whether that’s a natural disaster or a cyberattack, is to have a plan in place.
- Remote employee setups: Employees who work remotely, whether full-time or just on a business trip, need the same access and security as the folks in the office. We configure your employees’ workstations with all the software they need in addition to a cloud-based backup and top-of-the-line security. For an extra layer of protection, we can also set up a VPN.
- Security assessment and training: Your employees are your first line of defense against cybercrime. We run assessments to determine where additional training is needed, and then help your team get up to speed on how to protect against threats.
- IT project management: Looking to install new hardware or migrate from one system to another–but worried about who’s going to handle it (or whether they have the know-how to pull it off)? Our team can act as project managers, bringing our expertise to the table while saving your team time and effort.
“Knowledgeable, professional and complete service is what you can expect from Network Computer Pros. Our business is fortunate to have their team on board”
Roberts Traffic Marking
At NCP, we work hard to prevent issues before they make your workday difficult.
When you hire us, we configure software updates to run outside of your normal business hours (whatever those may be). We also set up regular, cloud-based backups so that your data is accessible wherever your employees are.
Our help desk is always on the lookout for any alerts. If we see a red flag, our technicians will address it before it can cause bigger problems.
When you work with us, we focus on ensuring that you avoid the downtime, data loss, and general slowdowns caused by vague “IT issues,” as well as ensuring that your company’s digital assets are protected from cybercriminals.
As a managed service provider for small business, we work behind the scenes so that you and your team can get your work done, look great in front of your clients, and sleep well at night knowing that your company is in good hands.
Meet Our Technology Partners
Schedule a free consultation and get the IT support your business needs
“For over fifteen years, we have trusted the team at Network Computer Pros with all aspects of our IT needs. With NCP on your team, there is no need to hire an in-house IT staff. NCP manages over fifteen workstations for our company and numerous servers and backups. The NCP team provides unparalleled customer service that is second to none. Having the NCP support team on our side gives us the peace of mind to spend more time running our business!”
Alex Akel – President