Remote IT Solutions for Employees and Distributed Teams
Remote Employee Configuration and Monitoring
Set-up and monitoring for a work-from-home world.
Whether your employees are working from their spare bedroom across town, or located in 5 different time zones, you need to provide them with the tools they need to do their job without compromising security or productivity.
Wherever your employees are, NCP will configure their workstations to maximize both data security and workplace productivity.
Looking to track and analyze employee workloads and efficiency? We specialize in installing ActivTrak and configuring it to meet your specific needs.
How our Network Monitoring and Proactive Maintenance tools help your business:
Our proactive monitoring allows us to resolve issues before they interrupt your work.
- Nighttime updates mean that your system is ready to go whenever your workday starts.
- We provide expert advice on the right software and hardware for your business, so that you don’t overspend on technology that isn’t right for you.
We used many computer companies before we found Network Computer Pros. Thank god we found them! They are truly the best, very professional and always there when we need them. They upgraded our network and saved us lots of time and money in doing so. Since we switched over to NPC our computers are almost never down. I can't speak highly enough. They are truly the best out there.
Hackers are attuned to changes in how we work. Your business needs to be, too.
It’s not enough to have an employee grab their personal laptop, settle in on the couch, and start working via their home Wi-Fi network.
Households often have multiple cell phones, computers, or other smart devices relying on a single Wi-Fi network.
And home Wi-Fi networks don’t always follow best practices in cybersecurity, like using stronger protocols.
Then there’s the fact that by design, remote work means more sharing of information online, whether through email, web applications (such as Asana, Airtable, or FreshBooks), or other communication tools (like Slack or Zoom).
Cybercriminals see opportunity lurking, and they’re more than ready to pounce: so far in 2020, the FBI has reported a 400% uptick in cyberattacks, no doubt driven by the prevalence of working from home due to COVID-19.
How NCP builds a secure remote environment
In order to ensure a secure and functional environment for remote work, we:
- Implement a security plan that takes your company’s business needs into account, while also planning for any security risks associated with working from home
- Update cloud-based backup plans to include new devices and networks
- Install the specific software that each team or employee needs
- Configure remote desktops over virtual private networks (VPNs), if needed, for an additional layer of security
ActivTrak: Analytics that jump-start productivity and efficiency
With entire teams out of the office, it’s more important than ever for managers to have access to data on how their employees are performing—and what resources they’re using.
ActivTrak’s flexible configuration allows businesses to track vital information about what users are doing, how, and when, so that they can:
- Analyze how employees are using their time in order to identify gaps and improve processes
- Track workloads and distribute tasks evenly
Identify bottlenecks that prevent work from getting done
- Pinpoint potential compliance issues in order to avoid security breaches
- Prepare for audits with exhaustive analytics on data security
Meet Our Technology Partners